Spring alumni weekend
3 years ago Farah Haidari Comments Off on Spring alumni weekend
I lost my mother my first full time here coaching in 2008 to colon cancer and so we just wanted to do something kind of in her memory just to kind of fight it and it was just literally a cookout and charged admissions and made $3,000.
- The men’s and women’s alumni soccer games will take place on the practice field at 10 a.m. on April 8
- The alumni volleyball game will begin at 11 a.m. in the Convocation Center.
- These events are open to the public.
9th Annual Strike Out Cancer Event
- The softball double header will start at 12:30 p.m. on Saturday, April 8.
- The Strike Out Cancer event started as a way for the softball team to celebrate the life of Coach Brandon Elliott’s mom.
- The event started as the team charging admission and having a cookout. At the first event, the team raised $3,000.
- Tickets will be $5 and can be purchased at the gate.
Seafood Party in the Dell
- The 35th Seafood Party in the Dell will take place on Saturday, April 8th from 5p.m.-7p.m.
- The event will take place on the Batten Center Lawn with tables and chairs set up.
- Students will have access to seafood by using a meal swipe; alumni and families will receive a meal for $5 per person.
- Music will be performed by the Dustin Furlow Duo.
- 11 a.m.- Guilford College vs. Women’s Lacrosse Birdsong Field
- 12:30 p.m.- Roanoke College vs. Softball (double-header) Marlin Field
- 12:30 p.m.- Roanoke College vs. Baseball (double-header) Kenneth R. Perry Field
- 1 p.m.- Shenandoah University vs. Men’s Lacrosse Birdsong Field